This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: An iOS 17 update supposedly will stop the iPhone 15 Pro’s Action button from triggering in your pocket, at least in certain circumstances. Is this really a problem that needs fixing?
Also on The CultCast:
- When it comes to upcoming Macs and Apple Watch, this week’s no news sounds like very bad news indeed.
- Apple’s Vision Pro headset seems to be straining the necks of some pencil-necked geeks.
- For this week’s Under Review segment, I’ve got a unique-looking charger and Erfon and Griffin bring very different sorts of cameras to the podcast’s version of show and tell.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
This post contains affiliate links. Cult of Mac may earn a commission when you use our links to buy items.
The CultCast live stream archive
Our sponsors: Notion and Factor
- Notion: You can use Notion AI to improve writing, summarize pages, find action items, translate into any language and more. Simply select text, click “Ask AI,” and increase your productivity like never before. Try the incredible power of Notion AI for free when you go to Notion.com/cultcast.
- Factor: Looking for wholesome, convenient meals for this jam-packed fall season? Get Factor, America’s No. 1 ready-to-eat meal kit, and you can scratch “eating well” off your to-do list in just two minutes. Get 50% off Factor with code cultcast50 at FactorMeals.com/cultcast50.
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- iOS 17.1 will add pocket-detection mode for iPhone 15 Pro’s Action button
- Kuo: 2024 Apple Watch ‘unlikely’ to have ‘significant’ innovation (MacRumors)
- M3 MacBooks are unlikely to launch before 2024
- Apple’s challenge for the next Vision Pro: Making it easier to wear (Bloomberg)
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away maximum protection for iPhone 15. Three lucky winners can choose either a Laut Revive Prop or a Laut Prestige case for iPhone 15. And a Laut Prime Glass screen protector completes this giveaway package.
To enter, just visit our giveaway page and get busy.
In our Under Review segment, we spotlight products we’re putting through the paces.
- Lewis: The Anker 3-in-1 Cube with MagSafe is the wildest-looking charger I’ve seen for iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods. It’s strangely exotic and boasts plenty of power. But is it really built for travel?
- Erfon: Fujifilm’s new X-S20 is the best lightweight camera for almost all people, and it’s now my go-to for travel and daily use. With its numerous film-emulation modes, there are few cameras that create a more beautiful image, regardless of price.
- Griffin: Sony Mavica FD73, a vintage digital camera that saves pictures onto a 3.5-inch floppy disk. (Remember those?) Plus, it takes pictures at a charmingly low-res 640×480 for a classic ’90s look.