This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: iOS 16.4 doesn’t look earth-shattering or anything, but there are some cool new features coming.
Also on The CultCast:
- You need to toggle this switch on your iPhone ASAP so thieves don’t ruin your life.
- Working for Apple’s secret Exploratory Design Group sounds like a dream job.
- We’re giving away a very fancy backpack from Harber London.
- Erfon put his new HomePod stereo pair to the test in a head-to-head audio smackdown with the originals. The results are … disappointing.
- Windows users get a little taste of iMessage goodness. But just a taste!
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
Our sponsors: Squarespace and Kolide
- Squarespace gives you all the tools you need to set up your very own website and commence selling anything online. Start your free website trial today at squarespace.com/cultcast (no credit card required). Save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain with code cultcast at checkout.
- Kolide ensures only secure devices can access your cloud apps. It’s zero trust, tailor-made for Okta. Book a demo today at Kolide.com/cultcast.
The CultCast live stream archive
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- iOS 16.4 beta 2: All the new features and changes
- Simple security hack keeps your iCloud account safe from iPhone thieves
- A Basic iPhone Feature Helps Criminals Steal Your Entire Digital Life (The Wall Street Journal)
- How Apple’s secret Exploratory Design Group makes magic happen
- HomePod 2: Does it sound better or worse than the original?
- iMessage is coming to Windows … kind of
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away a high-end backpack from Harber London. The beautiful Commuter Backpack is made of soft, sturdy fabric produced from 100% recycled plastic bottles. That’s married to premium leather to produce one swell-looking bag.
To enter, just visit our giveaway page and throw your hat in the ring. You’ve got a chance!