This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: The more we hear about Apple’s upcoming AR/VR headset, the more we’re perplexed about who is actually going to buy one. We take a long, hard look at the latest leaks — and come up shaking our heads.
Also on The CultCast:
- We might get a raft of exciting new Macs — including the first Mac Pro powered by Apple silicon — at a March event.
- Apple’s Pro Display XDR and Studio Display get some high-end competition.
- Sorry, voice actors. AI narrators look like the future of audiobooks (and Apple leads the charge).
- Our final best-of-2022 picks.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
Our sponsor: Squarespace
Squarespace gives you all the tools you need to set up your very own website and commence selling anything online. Start your free website trial today at squarespace.com/cultcast (no credit card required). Save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain with code cultcast at checkout.
This post contains affiliate links. Cult of Mac may earn a commission when you use our links to buy items.
The CultCast live stream archive
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- Apple headset uses waist-mounted battery pack — new details emerge
- Mac Pro and M2 Mac mini pegged for launch at huge Apple event in March
- Dell’s new 32-inch 6K monitor gives Apple’s ProDisplay XDR some competition (The Verge)
- Samsung ViewFinity S9 first look: a sleek alternative to Apple’s Studio Display (The Verge)
- Apple uses AI to voice its latest audiobook catalog
Our best of 2022 picks
Lewis: Soundcore Motion Boom Plus is a great-sounding, rugged Bluetooth boombox that’s ready to rock on your next adventure.