This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: We’re not 100% on board for the rumored “hole + pill” screen cutouts that might replace the notch in iPhone 14. But we’re definitely intrigued by the concept of a folding iPhone.
Also on The CultCast:
- How powerful will Apple’s AR/VR headset be, and what will it do?
- That pricey Apple Polishing Cloth is available again.
- Cupertino loses yet another key member of its chipmaking team as competitors look to steal M1’s crown.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video livestream, embedded below.
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- iPhone 14 Pro could pack strange ‘hole + pill’ screen cutout to replace notch
- Apple continues testing multiple folding iPhone prototypes
- Best foldable phones of 2022 (Tom’s Guide)
- Apple’s first headset could be 3 years ahead of rivals in computing power
- Apple VR headset won’t create a full metaverse
- Apple’s fancy Polishing Cloth is finally back in stock
- Apple loses head of Mac chip design to Intel
The CultCast livestream
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
We teamed up with Journey, a maker of innovative consumer electronics, to give three lucky winners an impressively sleek 3 in 1 Wireless Charging Station. Journey’s minimalist $99 charger takes up little space and will juice up your iPhone, AirPods and Apple Watch simultaneously. If you want to simplify your life by cutting out cords and charging hassles, rush right over and throw your name in the hat.
To enter, just sign up for the Cult of Mac Today newsletter from our giveaway page. Cult of Mac Today is our free daily newsletter that gives you three to five of the top news stories of the day. You can get additional entries through the giveaway widget by visiting our Facebook and Twitter pages, etc.
Ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on January 16, 2021.