Carrot Weather, LumaFusion, and Apple Arcade hit Fantasian are some of the titles recognized in the 2021 App Store Awards, announced on Thursday.
Apple also identified “Connection” as the Trend of the Year, thanks to games like Among Us! and apps like Bumble, which “brought people together in meaningful ways — while meeting social, personal, and professional needs.”
2021 App Store Awards
Apple recognizes the App Store’s best apps and games every year. Titles are chosen by its editorial team, which takes into account their “exceptional quality,” innovative technology, creative design, and positive cultural impact.
Winning developers “harnessed their own drive and vision to deliver the best apps and games of the year — sparking the creativity and passion of millions of users around the world,” said Apple CEO Tim Cook.
“From self-taught indie coders to inspiring leaders building global businesses, these standout developers innovated with Apple technology, with many helping to foster the profound sense of togetherness we needed this year.”
And the winners are …
Here are the winners from each category:
- iPhone App of the Year: Toca Life World, from Toca Boca
- iPad App of the Year: LumaFusion, from LumaTouch
- Mac App of the Year: Craft, from Luki Labs Limited
- Apple TV App of the Year: DAZN, from DAZN Group
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Carrot Weather, from Grailr
- iPhone Game of the Year: League of Legends: Wild Rift, from Riot Games
- iPad Game of the Year: MARVEL Future Revolution, from Netmarble Corporation
- Mac Game of the Year: Myst, from Cyan
- Apple TV Game of the Year: Space Marshals 3, from Pixelbite
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: Fantasian, from Mistwalker