This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: Not all iPhone rumors prove exciting. In fact, a big one this week — possible iPhone 15 price hikes — sounds downright depressing. But it’s not all bad news. The “normie” iPhone 15 might get some trickle-down camera tech that could make it easier not to go Pro this year.
Also on The CultCast:
- Think of all the interesting ways you could use an Action button like on Apple Watch Ultra’s on an iPhone. Well, the iPhone 15 Pro might get in on that action.
- Apple’s Vision Pro loaners for developers come with some absolutely ridiculous restrictions.
- We’ve got an Apple Watch tip that we bet you don’t know — how to get the time with a tap on your wrist. Perfect for those long, boring meetings when you don’t want to peek at your watch.
- Hang around for the great Apple Music versus Spotify debate of 2023.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
The CultCast live stream archive
Our sponsors this week: Squarespace and Notion
- Notion: Combine your notes, documents and task/project management into one space that’s simple and beautifully designed, with the power of AI built right inside. Try Notion AI for free when you go to notion.com/cultcast.
- Squarespace: Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- Apple reportedly considers hiking iPhone 15 Pro prices
- iPhone 15 Pro Max price might increase $200
- iPhone 15 Pro Action button options potentially revealed in iOS 17 code: Flashlight, Shortcuts, Voice Memos, and more (MacRumors)
- Apple’s 48MP camera heads for more affordable iPhone 15 models
- Apple lends Vision Pro AR headset to devs on a very short leash
- Get the time without even looking at your Apple Watch
- 8 reasons you should ditch Spotify for Apple Music
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away one absolutely gorgeous Magnetic Envelope Sleeve for iPad Pro from Harber London. It’s handmade from premium full-grain leather and wool felt, for a perfect combo of protection and great looks. It’s valued at $118.
To enter, just visit our giveaway page and find multiple ways to toss your hat in the ring. As always, entry is free.