This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: While it’s no big shock that Apple continues to work on new Macs and iPads, two new products reportedly in the pipeline actually do sound surprising — and surprisingly tempting. What are they? An iMac with a big, beautiful 30-inch-plus screen, and a next-gen Apple Watch Ultra.
Where do we place our preorders?
Also on The CultCast:
- A purported iPhone 15 Pro Max case leak makes us extra worried about that huger-than-huge camera bump. How much is too much?
- Apple bumps up iCloud+ pricing in some places, but refuses to offer bigger storage options. Erfon is not amused.
- The EU keeps writing new regulations designed to rein in tech companies. Ill-advised or efficacious?
- Our giveaway this week is for anyone who craves a clutter-free desk.
- And finally … a new edition of “What We’re Into.” Griffin talks up an impressive new car, while Erfon and I fixate on the same Apple TV+ sci-fi show.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
The CultCast live stream archive
Our sponsor: CultCloth
Get the only cleaning cloth you need: CultCloth!
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- Apple is reportedly working on iMac with 30-inch-plus screen
- iPhone 15 Pro Max case leaks well ahead of fall announcement
- EU countries, lawmakers reach data rule deal targeting Big Tech (Reuters)
- Apple hikes iCloud+ subscription prices in many countries around the world (MacRumors)
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away a pair of desk-organization bundles from Function101. They consist of the brilliant Desk Mat Pro — a faux leather desk topper with a metallic inner layer that gives it special powers — and two Cable Blocks XL, which will keep your cords from getting out of control.
To enter, just visit our giveaway page and toss your hat in the ring.
What We’re Into
Griffin: A test-drive of Hyundai’s new Ioniq 6 reveals a very snappy, very well-appointed electric vehicle.
Erfon and Lewis: Apple TV+ sci-fi hit Silo is winning us over with its tale of the last people on the planet, who live in an enormous, dingy vertical shaft built by mysterious “founders.” Outside the silo, Earth’s atmosphere is too toxic for humans to survive. But the conspiracies inside the silo prove plenty noxious, too. It’s definitely worth a watch, and the season one finale just streamed this week. (Plus, we’ll get a second season of Silo.)