This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: Well-placed sources say Apple’s AR/VR headset blew them away. Even the guy who dreamed up the Oculus Rift says it’s great.
The more we hear about the device nobody seems to need, the more intrigued we become. And with WWDC23 just weeks away, we don’t have long to wait for answers to our questions. In the meantime, we can imagine the possibilities …
Also on The CultCast:
- How Apple’s M3 chip will stack up against its predecessors.
- Five hidden features in iMessage that you should try ASAP.
- Erfon finally gives us an update on his beloved, but beleaguered, original HomePod.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
Our sponsor: ExpressVPN
Protect your online activity today with the VPN rated No. 1 by Business Insider. Visit ExpressVPN.com/cultcast to get an extra three months free on a one-year package.
The CultCast live stream archive
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- 5 reasons to get excited about the Apple VR/AR headset
- Apple’s next-gen M3 Pro chip could pack even more CPU and GPU cores
- A handy graph shows how M1, M2 and M3 chips stack up (David Schaub on Mastodon)
- 5 hidden features in iMessage
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
Attention, Apple Watch Ultra owners: This week, Cult of Mac and Elkson are giving away five Elkson Quattro Pro 2.0 bumper cases with bands. They look kind of like Apple’s own Ocean Band, but they wrap around the smartwatch’s titanium body to keep it from getting scuffed. And an included screen protector … protects the Ultra’s screen. (Duh.)
For your shot at winning, just visit our giveaway page. You’ll find many and varied ways to enter this free giveaway.