This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: The iOS 17 leaks start drip, drip, dripping out as we approach Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference. Sounds like a minor update overall, but there’s some interesting stuff coming down the pike.
Also on The CultCast:
- Apple Watch and the Health app might break their chains this year.
- The journaling app that Apple’s working on sounds kind creepy.
- Does Apple have an actual plan for its mixed-reality headset?
- Get the Apple Watch face that keeps Tim Cook cookin’ (free download).
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
Our sponsors: Mylio and Factor
- Mylio Photos is a smart and powerful cross-platform system for managing a lifetime of memories. Get 30% off your first year of Mylio when you sign up for an annual plan at mylio.com/CULTCAST.
- Factor is America’s No. 1 ready-to-eat meal kit, and can help you fuel up fast with great food delivered straight to your door. Head to factormeals.com/cultcast50 and use code cultcast50 to get 50% off your first box.
The CultCast live stream archive
This week’s top Apple news
On the show this week: Your host Erfon Elijah (@erfon), Cult of Mac managing editor Lewis Wallace (@lewiswallace) and Cult of Mac writer D. Griffin Jones (@dgriffinjones).
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- iOS 17 could bring new Lock Screen features, App Library customization
- iOS 17 rumored to feature Wallet and Find My improvements, macOS 14 to be minor update (MacRumors)
- Appeals court agrees App Store doesn’t violate US antitrust law
- Apple Health app might finally come to iPad
- Apple Watch might sync to iPad and Mac with watchOS 10
- Apple poised to launch wellness-focused journaling app
- Apple will take scattershot approach to pitching AR/VR headset(Bloomberg)
- How Apple headset’s external battery pack will work
- Download the Apple Watch face Tim Cook uses
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
Win a compact charger that juices up 3 devices at once
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away one Kuxiu X40, a foldable, three-in-one wireless charger and stand. This MagSafe-compatible charger, which retails for $89.99, can juice up an iPhone, AirPods and Apple Watch all at once.
It’s perfect for travel, thanks to its light weight and compact size. It tips the scales at just 195 grams, so you can take it anywhere and just pop it in your pocket for extra convenience.
To enter, just visit our giveaway page.