This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: Looks like we have a date for the next big Apple event: Mark your calendars for September 7! We’re expecting iPhone 14 and Apple Watch Series 8 — which both sound awfully familiar — and hoping for something surprising.
Also on The CultCast:
- Kim Kardashian’s “neutral colors” for Beats Fit Pro actually look pretty enticing. Who woulda guessed?
- An Apple stock update from Erfon might leave you jealous if you sold in a panic.
- Let’s drag Mark Zuckerberg for his pathetic metaverse avatar. Everyone else is!
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video livestream, embedded below.
Our sponsor: Squarespace
Special thanks to this week’s sponsor, Squarespace. Get all the tools you need to set up your very own website and commence selling anything online. Start your free website trial today at squarespace.com/cultcast (no credit card required). Save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain with code cultcast at checkout.
The CultCast livestream archive
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- September 7 might bring iPhone 14 unveiling
- Recession fears could push iPhone 14 launch forward
- Some iPhone 14 models jumping in price, but not all
- Kim Kardashian’s Beats earbuds sold out quickly at Apple but are now on Amazon [Updated]
- Berkshire Hathaway added 3.9M more Apple shares in Q2 2022 (AppleInsider)
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away a Bucardo bundle featuring two very different Apple Watch accessories. One is a pocket watch that would look great in your zoot suit. The other is a sweat-defying sports band that lets you hit it hard at the gym or on the field.
To enter, just sign up for the Cult of Mac Today newsletter from our giveaway page. Cult of Mac Today is our free daily newsletter that gives you three to five of the top news stories of the day. You can get additional entries through the giveaway widget by visiting our Facebook and Twitter pages, etc.
Mark Zuckerberg’s Horizon Worlds avatar looks pathetic
Is this really what the metaverse is going to look like? If so, count us out.
Meta launches Horizon Worlds in France and Spain
“In a Facebook post, Mark Zuckerberg announced the launch with an unappealing photo () and noted that it plans to expand the platform to more countries.”https://t.co/gGJQBCNJp1 pic.twitter.com/C7GVFKLLOf
— Brad Lynch (@SadlyItsBradley) August 16, 2022