The Visual Effects Society nominated Apple TV+ titles Tuesday for seven honors in its 20th Annual VES Awards, including the Tom Hanks film Finch and the epic sci-fi series Foundation.
The Visual Effects Society published a full list of nominees for its 20th annual awards ceremony. The program features 25 categories in which awards recognize visual effects artistry and innovation in film, TV, animation, commercials and video games.
Visual effects awards noms for 3 Apple TV+ series, 2 films
Apple TV+ racked up several nominations. The sci-fi series Foundation, based on Isaac Asimov’s books, nabbed three nods for outstanding visual effects and created environments. Finch made the list in one category. Other nominees with one shot apiece were Lisey’s Story, The Tragedy of Macbeth and See.
All Apple TV+ nominations
- Episode The Emperor’s Peace – Outstanding Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode
- Trantor Cityscape – Outstanding Created Environment in an Episode, Commercial, or Real-Time Project
- Collapse of the Galactic Empire – Outstanding Effects Simulations in an Episode, Commercial, or Real-Time Project
- Outstanding Animated Character in a Photoreal Feature
- Episode The Long Boy – Outstanding Animated Character in an Episode or Real-Time Project
The Tragedy of Macbeth
- Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Photoreal Feature
- Episode Rock-A-Bye – Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode
The 20th Annual VES Awards will take place on March 8, 2022.
Apple TV+ also received nine NAACP Image Awards nominations on Tuesday.