One of the questions you see most in the comments sections of posts about computer setups on social media is: Where did you get that wallpaper? To many folks, the setup may be fine and dandy, but what they really care about is not so much the fancy hardware, but the imagery on the display that they might easily get for themselves.
Today’s setup is a prime example. It made us look back at 10 great wallpaper sources we’ve come across, below. That’s 11, actually, including today’s subject.
This post contains affiliate links. Cult of Mac may earn a commission when you use our links to buy items.
In a post entitled, “I think I’m finally happy with my setup,” Redditor hugoaperezh describes getting to a good place with a clean setup featuring a Mac mini. That is, it’s probably a Mac mini. Or to could be a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. Or, who knows, it could be some other computer hiding under the desk, unmentioned.
Commenters figured on a mini, given the post’s thrifty tone and the fact that it’s easy to stash a mini under a desk.
Whatever machine it is, it runs with an inexpensive Mexican gaming monitor by GameFactor. The display is capable of 3440 x 1440 pixel resolution and a refresh rate of 100Hz. The 27.5 pound screen rests on a stout Vivo monitor mount. On top it has a slick Logitech C920 Pro HD Webcam for videoconferences.
But seriously, where did you get that wallpaper?
Naturally, one of the first questions in the comments concerned where interested parties might find the wallpaper shown on the 34-inch GameFactor MG800 display.
Hugo explained that he bought it in a pack from a UK-based website called Oliur.com.
10 more great wallpapers
This made us think of all the setups we’ve come across where people ask about the wallpaper. So we decided to dig up some of the best examples of good wallpaper sources that have come up in Setups articles, listed by headline below. You’ll see the wallpaper in the photograph(s) and find a link to it in the article.
- Connectivity tricks of a multi-display workstation — wallpaper from 8K Wallpapers
- M1 MacBook Air anchors ‘grad school procrastination station‘ — wallpaper by Abe Kislevitz
- Dress it up with a deconstructed iPhone, a drone and custom wallpapers — custom-made wallpaper by a Dutch designer
- All blues: Sweet iMac finds itself in a cool-toned Satechi situation — wallpaper on Imgur
- M1 Mac mini and gaming PC share massive screen real estate — wallpaper from Unsplash and Kuiper
- Two M1-powered Macs divvy up work and play — classic Mac-style wallpaper by iBidule
- Dock connects 5 displays to M1 MacBook Pro in ultrawide rig — wallpaper via WidescreenWallpaper on Reddit
- M1 Mac mini powers funky audio-centric workstation — cube wallpaper from wallpaperspro on Reddit
- If you can’t afford Apple’s Pro Display XDR, then what? — Joshua Tree wallpaper
- Small desk plus small room does not equal small setup — groovy wallpaper by Paweł Czerwiński
Shop these items now:
- M1 Mac mini
- 34-inch GameFactor MG800 gaming monitor
- Vivo Aluminum Single Ultrawide Monitor Articulating Pneumatic Arm Mount
- Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam
- VictSing Gaming Mouse Mat XXL
- Headphone stand
- Kamenstein Natural Acacia Wood and Cork Stackable Coasters
If you would like to see your setup featured on Cult of Mac, send some high-res pictures to email@example.com. Please provide a detailed list of your equipment. Tell us what you like or dislike about your setup, and fill us in on any special touches or challenges.