Apple Music users might want to know how they can review their favorite music from the past year, as users of other music services can do with Spotify Wrapped and the like.
For Apple Music, the answer is Apple Music Replay, which Apple said Tuesday it redesigned for 2022 with more music insights and functionality. It’s updated and available throughout the year. We’ll show you how to find it.
Apple Music Replay 2022
Apple shared the updated Apple Music Replay 2022 on Tuesday along with its top music chart insights for 2022.
Apple keep track of what you listen to so it can recommend artists, albums, tracks and playlists to you. It says its Music Replay feature is “your favorite tracks of the year — all in one playlist, updated weekly.”
And for 2022, the feature included “expanded music insights” that can be shared on social media. There’s also new functionality, like a personalized highlight reel and the ability to see if you’re one of the top 100 listeners to an artist or genre, Apple Music said.
“When we first launched Replay, the feature became an instant fan favorite on Apple Music, and we really wanted to develop the experience further and make it even more special, personal, and unique for subscribers,” said Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music and Beats.
“The music we enjoy throughout the year becomes like a soundtrack, and it’s really fun to be able to go back and relive those meaningful and memorable moments over again,” he added.
Updated on Sundays, it includes your top 100 tracks, which you can play one at a time or as a playlist. You can also see how long you’ve listened to your favorite artists and tracks.
How to find your Apple Music Replay 2022:
You can find your Replay mix on any device that supports Apple Music, once you’ve listened to enough music in a given year. Just follow these steps:
- Tap the Listen Now tab inside the Apple Music app, or, on the web, click the Listen Now option in the sidebar.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Replay 2022 playlist to start listening.
How to find your listening stats for 2022:
- Check whether you’ve listened to enough music to qualify using a personalized progress bar on the Replay website. Both playlist and insights eligibility happens with the same amount of listening, according to Apple Music.
- Once eligible for Replay 2022, visit replay.music.apple.com.
- Explore listening stats, listen on the site and share.
Once you sign in, you can see how many hours of music you’ve listened to, and which artists and albums you’ve enjoyed the most.
How to share your music stats:
Sharing your music stats from Apple Music Replay statistics on social media isn’t as straightforward as sharing your Spotify Wrapped information, but you can do it.
- To share a playlist directly from the Apple Music app to Instagram or Snapchat, click on the three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Choose Share.
- Select your preferred app.
Cult of Mac first published this article on December 2, 2021, and updated it on November 29, 2022.