Tyler Stalman is a professional photographer whose workspace is pretty small, but he manages to make a lot of it.
Stalman’s MacBook Pro-powered setup centers on a 27-inch LG UltraFine 5K Monitor, which finally allows him to process his work in full 4K resolution. He was shooting in 4K but was unable to see his shots in full res until he took the plunge and got himself the UltraFine monitor.
Stalman demonstrates brand royalty by sporting a keyboard, a multiport adapter and a desk mat — all by Satechi. The Satechi Aluminum Slim Wireless Keyboard looks a lot like the Apple Magic Keyboard but is a little slimmer and less expensive. The multiport adapter is essentially one big dongle, which proves helpful to keep cables under control. The desk mat really ties the setup together.
The Logitech MX Master 3 might be the best mouse on the planet right now. (Sorry, Magic Mouse.)
The SoundLink Wireless Speaker II by Bose is perfect for a small desk setup. And the Sony WH1000XM3 noise-canceling Bluetooth headphones are the current king of the midlevel noise-cancelling headphone market for a reason.
Stalman conserves space by using the Twelve South BookArc Vertical Laptop Stand and a Luxa2 headphone stand.
Shop these items now:
- LG 27-inch UltraFine 5K monitor ($1,297)
- 16-inch MacBook Pro ($2,099)
- Logitech MX Master 3 ($100)
- Satechi Aluminum Wireless Keyboard ($75)
- Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth Speaker II ($129)
- Sony WH1000XM3 noise-canceling headphones ($278)
- Satechi Aluminum Multi-Port Adapter ($80)
- Twelve South BookArc Vertical Laptop Stand ($60)
- Luxa2 E-One Aluminum Universal Headphone Stand ($45)
If you would like to see your setup featured on Cult of Mac, send some high-res pictures to [email protected]. Please provide a detailed list of your equipment. Tell us what you like or dislike about your setup, and fill us in on any special touches or challenges.