If most UltraWide monitors are impressive, then a 49-inch UltraWide is jaw-dropping. That is just the start of programmer Justin Chau’s amazing setup, which took years to assemble. Above his 49-incher, he has a 32-inch Dell S Series Monitor, which gives him an insane amount of screen real estate.
Powering this setup is a 2016 MacBook Pro. Because Justin likes the natural feel of his MacBook trackpad, he splurged and got a Magic Trackpad. It is accompanied by a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse, which is more precise then a trackpad and has a lot more functions. He rocks a Keychron K2 Bluetooth Mechanical Keyboard, which has a cool retro look.
For Zoom meetings, Chau uses a Shure SM7B cardioid dynamic microphone and a Logitech StreamCam Plus.
The S Series Dell monitor is held up by the durable Vivo monitor mount. He skipped exterior speakers completely and either uses the built-in speakers on his UltraWide monitor, or Sony noise-canceling headphones.
In the future, Chau looks to replace his desk with something newer. In regards to tech, he is happy with what he has now. Who could blame him?
Shop these items now:
- LG 49-inch UltraWide Curved Monitor ($1,497)
- Dell S Series LED-lit 32-inch monitor ($530)
- 16-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar ($3,699)
- Vivo Dual Monitor Desk Mount ($40)
- Logitech MX Master 3 mouse ($107)
- Apple Magic Trackpad 2 ($124)
- Shure SM7B cardioid dynamic microphone ($400)
- Røde PSA1 swivel-mount mic boom ($100)
- Sony WH1000XM3 noise-canceling headphones ($348)
- Keychron K2 Bluetooth mechanical keyboard ($85)
- Logitech StreamCam Plus ($170)
- Jarlink Vertical Laptop Stand ($22)
If you would like to see your setup featured on Cult of Mac, send some high-res pictures to [email protected]. Please provide a detailed list of your equipment. Tell us what you like or dislike about your setup, and fill us in on any special touches or challenges.