Logitech says its new charging station, the Powered Wireless Charging 3-in-1 Dock, is “one wireless charger to charge all your Apple devices.” If you’ve got an iPhone 8 or newer, an Apple Watch and AirPods with a wireless charging case, the funky-looking stand should do the trick.
The Qi-certified charger packs some advanced charging capabilities that should make juicing up your Apple gear fast and safe.
“Beautifully crafted and meticulously engineered, the Logitech Powered Wireless Charging 3-in-1 Dock is a new home that charges your iPhone, AirPods and Apple Watch all at once,” the company said in a press release Wednesday. “You can finally enjoy a seamless charging experience worthy of the devices you use every day, all in a compact form that fits perfectly on your nightstand or desk.”
Logitech Powered Wireless Charging 3-in-1 Dock
Unlike Apple’s doomed AirPower charging mat, Logitech’s new dock takes a vertical approach. The iPhone sits in portrait mode with its back to the upright wireless charging plate in the center. The Apple Watch perches on the round protrusion to the right. The AirPods or AirPods Pro — or a second iPhone — lies on the flat surface to the left.
The dock measures 4.6 inches high by 9.2 inches wide and 4 inches deep, according to Logitech’s spec sheet. It works with most iPhone cases 3mm or thinner, the company says. However, Logitech says it is “not compatible with cases with metal parts, magnets, handgrips, kickstands, and credit cards.”
A capable wireless charger for iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods
For electronics geeks, Logitech lays out the details about the dock’s charging capabilities like so:
- Fast charging: Safely provides up to 7.5W of fast-charging power for iPhone and up to 9W of fast charging power for Samsung devices – ensuring you get the maximum charging speed available from your Apple and Samsung devices
- Drop-and-go charging: Designed to be intuitive, Powered 3-1 Dock is a sleek wireless charger that fits effortlessly into your life and daily routine. The charging pads are rectangular so it’s easy to hit the charging zones when you set down your device and have a seamless charging experience.
- Qi-certified: For a safer and more reliable charging experience, Powered 3-in-1 Dock has gone through over 100 independent lab tests for safety, charging performance and more.
- Overheat protection: Utilizes a combination of internal heat sensors and algorithms to manage device temperature and prevent overheating.
- Overcharge protection: An optimal level of power is delivered to charge devices faster. If needed, the power will shut off so it doesn’t overcharge your device, and when your battery is low, charging speed increases to deliver a quick power boost.
The Logitech Powered Wireless Charging 3-in-1 Dock will retail for $129.99. It should become available for purchase from the Logitech website this month, the company says.
Other new Logitech wireless chargers
Logitech also unveiled two other Qi-compatible wireless chargers today that work for single devices. Both feature the advanced power-management features outlined for the Charging 3-in-1 Dock.
“Powered wireless chargers were engineered using the exacting Swiss standards that have helped Logitech ship more than a billion products over the past 35 years,” the company said. “Consider this your open invitation to the most magical charging experience ever.”
Logitech Powered Stand
The Logitech Powered Stand wirelessly charges one iPhone. You can use your iPhone while it tops off with the stand. However, unlike the fantastically reliable Logitech Powered Wireless Charger, it appears to work in portrait mode only.
The new Logitech Powered Stand retails for $59.99. It comes in graphite (black) or white.
Logitech Powered Pad
The Logitech Powered Pad looks like a conventional charging puck, although it does come in some unconventional colors. It retails for $39.99 and comes in graphite, white, lilac and blue sage.