7-year-old kid accidentally eats his holiday AirPods | Cult of Mac

7-year-old kid accidentally eats his holiday gift AirPod


7-year-old accidentally eats his holiday AirPods
This is the not the recommended place to store your AirPods.
Screenshot: Local21News

One of the first things I heard when Apple first showed off its AirPods was “wow, those are going to be easy to lose.” If you’ve got a kid in the house, however, you might also want to consider how swallowable they are.

That’s a lesson learned by a parent in DeKalb County, Georgia over the holidays. They had a scary incident in which an AirPods Christmas gift was swallowed by their 7-year-old son. Fortunately, he’s okay.

Mom Kiara Stroud was at work when she got a worried call from her mom. Her mom told her that the boy had choked on the AirPod after putting it in his mouth. She was taking him to an emergency room for assistance.

The situation could have been bad. Luckily, the AirPod passed unimpeded into the boy’s stomach. It showed up on X-rays just below his ribcage. Doctors suggest that the best thing to do is to let them pass naturally.

As for the kid? According to the local 21 news station, he thought he was going to be in trouble. He also wanted to keep away from iPhones in case they accidentally connect to the swallowed AirPods.

It’s great to hear that things worked out okay. Still, it’s worth keeping this in mind if you’re an AirPod owner with small kids running around at home. Hey, at least Apple (or, well, Beats) also makes great over-the-ears headphones as well!

Source: Local21news


Daily round-ups or a weekly refresher, straight from Cult of Mac to your inbox.

  • The Weekender

    The week's best Apple news, reviews and how-tos from Cult of Mac, every Saturday morning. Our readers say: "Thank you guys for always posting cool stuff" -- Vaughn Nevins. "Very informative" -- Kenly Xavier.