This week on The CultCast: iPhone 8 reviews are in! We’ll tell you what everyone loves about the 8, and why you should get one over the X (but probably won’t). Plus: We round up reviews for Apple Watch series 3, and argue over which model is best. And stick around for what we don’t like about iPhone X; Apple’s A11 chip hits a surprising benchmark; tests show iPhone 8 wireless charging is abysmally slow; Apple quietly hikes their iDevice prices; and we’ll tell you all the best AR apps you need to try.
CultCast #302 – Why you should get the iPhone 8 (but probably won’t)
Subscribe on iTunes
Our Twitters, if you please
@bst3r / @erfon / @lkahney
Join us on Reddit to discuss episodes and vote on story topics for future episodes! TheCultCast.reddit.com
This week’s links
- For the first time since the launch of the iPhone in 2007, the company’s latest models failed to immediately sell out.
- More than 12 hours after pre-orders opened this morning, the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus remain generally available for pickup at Apple stores next Friday
- Shipping time is currently 3 business days
- When the new biometric security features makes its debut this November, it will support just one user, Apple has confirmed. If anyone else uses your device, they’ll have to enter the passcode.
- Changes made to the online Apple store show that the 10.5-inch iPad Pro models with WiFi only are now $50 more expensive each. Before yesterday’s keynote, the 256GB and 512GB units cost $749 and $949. Now they’re priced at $799 and $999.
- iPhone prices have also been hiked up.
- The cellular models for the 10.5-inch iPad Pro also got a price increase
- Nothing has changed about the products.
- iPhone prices have also been hiked