PayPal is making it super-easy to send friends money, thanks to new Siri support introduced in the company’s iOS app today.
Now you can use voice commands to tell Siri how much money to send, and who to send it to. All you have to do is set up the PayPal app to give Siri access. Here’s how to do it:
1. Make sure the PayPal app on your iPhone has been updated to version 6.7
2. Press and hold the Home button to bring up Siri.
3. Tell Siri, “Send $50 to [insert friend’s name].”
4. Tap Yes so Siri can access your PayPal data.
5. Select the email or phone number of the person you want to send money to.
6. Hit Send when the confirmation screen pops up.
You do have to unlock your iPhone with your PIN or Touch ID to use the feature. That should prevent someone from secretly draining your bank account. The new feature already works in more than 30 countries, too, so you can potentially use it wherever your travels take you.