As a brand, China’s GooPhone has made a name for itself not only because of their laughably stupid branding, but by the fact that they consistently manage to rip off Apple’s next product design before Cupertino gets their product to market… then threaten to sue Apple for IP violations.
Saucy! And now GooPhone is at it again, announcing a $99 iPad mini clone called the GooPad that looks exactly like an iPad mini, right down to the icons.
For your $99, here’s what the GooPad mini is promising:
• An 8-inch, 1024 x 768 display
• A 1.4GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM and 8GB of storage
• A 2MP rear camera + 0.3MP front camera
• Android 4.1 Jellybean iOS, with a custom theme called iLaunch that apes iOS
• All in an aluminum slim body!
Wow, who could resist? Unfortunately, this time, it looks like the GooFolk won’t be able to get their iPad mini clone out the door before Apple releases their product: the GooPad mini won’t be out until sometime in November, which should curtail them from trying to patent the design of the iPad mini this time around.