What is a Goophone? It sounds absolutely filthy, but the Goophone i5 is the first of what will undoubtedly be many flagrant Chinese rip-offs of the upcoming design of the new sixth-generation iPhone, set to be unveiled next month. Expect to see a lot more of these going forward, but credit where credit’s due: these Chinese counterfeiters certainly have their acts together if they can steal the design of a phone that isn’t even out yet.
Daily round-ups or a weekly refresher, straight from Cult of Mac to your inbox.
The week's best Apple news, reviews and how-tos from Cult of Mac, every Saturday morning. Our readers say: "Thank you guys for always posting cool stuff" -- Vaughn Nevins. "Very informative" -- Kenly Xavier.
Popular This Week
- 5 more secret iPhone gestures you need to know
- Monarch is a Godzilla-size hit for Apple TV+
- Why iPhone NameDrop feature is not a security risk
- Sign in to your Google accounts before December or they’ll be deleted
- Napoleon stands tall as one of Ridley Scott’s finest films [Apple TV+ review]
- How and why to use an external webcam with your iPad
- Apple Black Friday deals: AirPods, Apple Watch, iPad and more [Held over!]
- CleanMyMac X gets an irresistible 30% off for Black Friday
- Apple reportedly ending Apple Card partnership with Goldman Sachs
- Today in Apple history: A phone call sows the seeds of Mac OS X