Foursquare, everyone’s favorite check-in service, has released a new app today, but it’s not for jokers checking into their local pizza place: it’s for the guys who own that pizza place.
Not so surprisingly, it’s called Foursquare for Business, and it allows you to do all sorts of business-y things to track how engaged your customers are and get the word out.
Although currently limited to businesses in the United States, Foursquare for Business allows you to:
• attract customers by posting beautiful photo updates
• share Foursquare updates on Facebook and Twitter
• view your location’s recent check-ins
• drive traffic to your stores with Foursquare specials
• learn more about your recent and most loyal customers
There are some limitations, however. For example, you must create your Foursquare specials on a Mac or PC, and can only manage them in-app. Presumably, though, these limitations will be ironed out in time.
Foursquare for Business is a free download, and it is optimized for the iPhone 5, although not the iPad.
- Source Foursquare for Business