Apple today released a new version of iTunes for the Mac and Windows that brings compatibility for the newly-released iOS 6 developer beta. During the WWDC keynote earlier today Apple unveiled iOS 6 to the world, the first developer preview has been made available. You’ll need the new iTunes 10.6.3 before you can install iOS 6 on any of your devices.
There are some other bug fixes and improvements packed into iTunes 10.6.3, and everyone is encouraged to update now.
iTunes 10.6.3 includes support for OS X Mountain Lion and addresses a number of important issues:
- Addresses a problem where iTunes may become unresponsive when syncing an iPad (1st generation) that contains an iBooks textbook
- Fixes a problem where photos synced to a device may appear in an unexpected order
- Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly delete playlists created on a device
- Fixes issues where iTunes may unexpectedly delete apps on a device
- Improves overall performance
The update can be downloaded in Software Update, or directly from Apple’s website.