We’re huge fans of Tapbot’s great alternative to the official Twitter app, Tweetbot. This evening a very cool update for Tweetbot has been released, which adds iCloud sync for user’s timelines, direct messages, and mute filters. This update is a must have.
There’s also a ton of other fixes and features in version 2.2:
- iCloud Integration (Must be logged into iCloud)
- Mute filters synced across instances of Tweetbot
- DM read status synced across all instances of Tweetbot when iCloud is selected for Sync
- Timeline positions are synced across all instances of Tweetbot that have iCloud selected for Sync
- Better handling of iTunes links along with thumbnail previews
- Youtube links provide thumbnail previews
- Fixed iPad retina image preview in the tweet detail
- Pinch to close image view on iPad
- Bug fixes
The iCloud timeline integration for Tweetbot is the coolest part. If you’re reading your Twitter timeline over on Tweetbot for iPhone, but then choose to read it over on your iPad, iCloud will sync up the position of the timeline you were at on your iPhone. With this update, there will also be no more having to mark DMs as read on each of your devices — iCloud will do it for you.
There are other great changes like the ability to pinch to close an image on the iPad and better handling of iTunes links.
Now where’s that Mac app?Related