Walter Isaacson’s authorized biography of Steve Jobs hit the iBookstore earlier this week, and after a few hours, I wondered why it had such a low star rating. I read some of the reviews to discover that many users have had formatting issues, which made some pages of the book illegible. Apple has now issued an update to the book and begun instructing customers on how to get the new version.
An email was sent out from Apple’s iTunes Customer Experience team earlier today, but if you haven’t received yours, here’s how to get the latest version of the Steve Jobs biography:
- First, Apple says you need the latest version of the iBooks app, which you can get from the App Store.
- Locate the Steve Jobs biography in your iBooks library, then tap the Edit button and delete it.
- Open up the iBooks store and scroll all the way to the bottom to log out. The page should now refresh.
- Log back in again, then tap the Purchased tab.
- Locate the Steve Jobs biography you recently purchased and then download it again — you now have the latest version.
Judging by the reviews left by customers today, it seems the update does indeed fix the formatting issues that many had previously been suffering.
Has this fixed the issues for you?.