This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: The latest MacBook rumor sounds enticing, but will it come true? It’s time to speculate. Meanwhile, the real fire talk is all about that big, toasty iPhone 15 Pro Max. Apple’s iOS 17 update fixes the overheating problem. (Frankly, “Thermalgate” seems about as overblown as “Printgate.”)
Also on The CultCast:
- Did Apple screw up the iPhone 15 Pro’s Action button? We debate our fearless leader Leander Kahney’s controversial stance on the subject.
- Apple’s got a secret plan to own its microLED display chain.
- If you don’t like macOS Sonoma’s brilliant one-click desktop reveal, we’ll tell you how to turn it off. (We’ll try not to think less of you if you do.)
- On the 12th anniversary of Steve Jobs’ death, we ponder the state of Apple’s leadership and vision.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
The CultCast live stream archive
Our sponsors: Squarespace and CultCloth
- Squarespace: Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
- CultCloth: Get the only cleaning cloth you need: CultCloth!
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- New MacBook Pro models with mini-LED could launch this year
- Apple rushes out fix for ‘warmer than expected’ iPhones
- How Apple muffed the iPhone 15 Pro’s new Action button
- How to stop macOS Sonoma from flashing your desktop
- Next major Apple Watch Ultra upgrade rumored to be microLED display technology (MacRumors)
- Bodies: The Exhibition
- Today in Apple history: Steve Jobs dies at 56
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away three iPhone 15 bundles from Laut. Each winner can pick one of these great Laut iPhone cases — the Revive Prop or the Prestige — and also gets a Laut Prime Glass screen protector.
To enter, just visit our giveaway page.