The new oval-shaped EpicBoom Bluetooth speaker joined Ultimate Ears’ lineup Monday, promising loud, bass-driven, 360-degree portable sound, the Logitech subsidiary said.
You can preorder the $349 boomer now for September 15 shipping.
This post contains affiliate links. Cult of Mac may earn a commission when you use our links to buy items.
Ultimate Ears EpicBoom Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Ultimate Ears said the new EpicBoom Portable Bluetooth Speaker takes an oval shape that helps make its “loud, 360° bassy sound more portable, unleashing an unexpectedly big sound for its size.”
The new design projects immersive sound, coupled with a 4.6-inch woofer for clear bass, the company said. An internal microphone adjusts EQ and balances sound dynamically.
And an “Outdoor Boost” button adds 1 decibel of sound anywhere. With the “magic button” on top of the speaker, the company said, you can set up one-touch playlists from Apple Music or other streaming platforms.
With an IP67 rating, EpicBoom is waterproof and dustproof. And it floats, too.
- Allows for up to 17 hours of playtime and has a Bluetooth range of 180 feet.
- Two color choices: Cotton White + Lipstick Red and Charcoal Black + Lime
- One-touch NFC enables easy power on, pair, connect and play. It also makes switching to another playlist/phone easy.
- Carrying strap on the back of the speaker
Functions of the new Boom app:
- Choose between different pre-set EQs: Signature, Bass Boost, Game/Cinema, Podcast/Vocal and new Deep Relaxation mode.
- Customize mids, highs and lows to your preferences.
- Pair multiple Ultimate Ears speakers together.
The company added that the speaker is made of 100% post-consumer recycled polyester fabric and a minimum of 59% post-consumer recycled plastic. And the paper packaging comes from FSC-certified forests and other controlled sources.
With a September 15 release date planned, Ultimate Ears said you can preorder the new speaker for $349 on its website or Amazon. It comes with a USB-C cable for charging in addition to a user manual.