Not very many deadbolt smart locks support Apple HomeKit or home key, the handy feature that lets you unlock the door with your iPhone or Apple Watch. But Aqara’s highly capable Smart Lock U100 does, and it offers many other smart features as well. That makes it a top choice for Apple fans everywhere to keep their homes safe and secure.
If you’d like to never carry a physical key and never get locked out again, read on.
This post contains affiliate links. Cult of Mac may earn a commission when you use our links to buy items.
Aqara Smart Lock U100 supports Apple Home and home key
Apple’s HomeKit makes home automation simple, safe and reliable. And Aqara’s HomeKit-compatible Smart Lock U100 — integrated with the recently launched Matter home automation standard — lets Apple users tap into HomeKit’s most advanced features.
Aqara U100 allows direct connection to Apple’s Home app and supports the home key feature. Plus, it supports Apple’s visitor password function, allowing you to generate passwords for your family and friends in the Home app at any time. You also can set a one-time password for an occasional visitor, like a house cleaner.
Unlock with HomeKit scenes and more
Aqara’s deadbolt smart lock lets you unlock it using nine different methods, giving your family plenty of options. Even if you toss your old-school physical keys and leave your smartphone behind, you’ll be able to unlock the device.
That’s because you can use your fingerprints, keypad password or even a HomeKit scene to unlock U100. And you can send anyone a periodic or one-time password, like when an old friend arrives when you’re on your way home from work. That’s a convenient and safe way to provide access to trusted individuals.
‘Do-Not-Disturb’ and ‘Always-Open’ modes
The U100 lock includes plenty of other neat features, too. Let’s say you arrive home late at night while your family is sleeping. To avoid waking anyone, you can use Do-Not-Disturb mode to mute the door lock sound over a certain period of time, so no one will hear you come in.
In addition, Always-Open mode helps you out in high-traffic situations, like at an office with lots of people coming and going.
Key points of Aqara Smart Lock U100
- Tap to open with a home key in wallet on iPhone or Apple Watch.
- A built-in fingerprint reader stores up to 50 prints, while the keypad allows password entry.
- Auto-lock locks the door when it closes, and door-status sensing tells you when it’s open, all thanks to a built-in gyroscope.
- A solid catalpa alloy shell and safe-lock body structure, plus a matte-texture keyboard with backlight for anti-peeping, help keep the lock secure.
- Physical keys, a USB-C emergency port for temporary power and one-time passwords ensure you can always operate the lock.
- Four AA batteries can last up to eight months under normal use, thanks to the energy-efficient Zigbee protocol the smart lock employees.
Other Aqara Smart Lock U100 features:
- Hands-free lock control with voice assistants Siri, Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Easy installation with standard deadbolt locks, requiring only a Phillips head screwdriver.
- The outer panel carries an IP65 rating for water- and dust-resistance. The lock also withstands extreme heat and cold, making it a great option for any climate.
You can pick up the Aqara Smart Lock U100 for $189.99 on Amazon. However, you can use the exclusive promo code U100USMAC (it gives a 5% extra discount that can be combined with the $25 off coupon; valid from October 30 to November 1).
Where to buy: Amazon