Camera products maker Miops unveiled a Kickstarter campaign Tuesday for Spark, a new camera companion designed to help iPhone users capture photos and video like professionals.
The handheld attachment provides DSLR-camera-like buttons that help you control your iPhone’s cameras.
Miops Spark camera companion for iPhone
Miops stressed the user-friendliness of the device, which fits in a user’s hand and enables easy navigation among the controls.
The company describes it this way:
One of the standout features of Spark is its ability to provide full control over the iPhone’s camera, using DSLR-like buttons. Adjust settings such as ISO, white balance and focus to capture the perfect photo every time. Whether shooting in low light or aiming to capture a specific mood or atmosphere, Spark’s advanced manual controls ensure that each image reflects your unique artistic vision.
The device’s integrated light sensor detects nuances of ambient light, including not-so-subtle lightning strikes, which are tricky to capture. The company also referred to “exploring nocturnal landscapes.” Talk about low light.
Spark’s Long Exposure modes help in such situations. You can adjust exposure settings for longer durations depending on lighting conditions.
Here’s are several of Spark’s other capabilities, according to Miops:
- Photo stacking. Combines multiple images into a single photo through photo stacking, enabling you to capture sharper images, reduce noise, and enhance dynamic range.
- HDR imaging. Capture photos with HDR technology, balancing exposure to retain details in both highlights and shadows.
- Burst mode. Capture a rapid sequence of photos to ensure you capture the perfect shot, especially in fast-paced scenes.
- Zebra stripes. Highlight overexposed areas of your photos with zebra stripes.
- Crowd removal. Effortlessly remove crowds or people from your photos.
Spark works with a wide range of iPhone models, Miops said:
For iPhones equipped with MagSafe technology, Spark offers effortless mounting, ensuring a stable and reliable hold for convenient use. For non-MagSafe iPhones, a MagSafe sticker is provided, allowing everyone to enjoy the same level of convenience and security.
Worldwide shipping is expected in May 2024, Miops said.
Price: Early bird, $99; Kickstarter pack, $109
Where to pledge: Kickstarter