This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: Apple’s roadmap for future AirPods looks ambitious. The company wants them to take your temperature to see if you’re feverish, test your ears to see if you’re hard of hearing, substitute for hearing aids, and charge using the one cable to rule them all … USB-C!
It’s all music to our ears.
Also on The CultCast:
- An Apple monitor that works even when your Mac is turned off sounds perfect for some people and situations.
- Shocker! Apple’s Vision Pro headset might be in incredibly short supply at launch.
- Threads, the new “Twitter killer” from Meta, doesn’t seem like that much of a threat. However, it might play nice with Mastodon. (Griffin is optimistic!)
- Suddenly, Apple TV+ seems like a streaming contender.
- Erfon is pretty, pretty, pretty pleased with Apple’s stock price.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
The CultCast live stream archive
Our sponsor: Squarespace
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- Next-gen AirPods Pro could measure your body temperature
- Apple plans to launch a monitor that stays on when you shut down your Mac (Ars Technica)
- Vision Pro’s complex design forces Apple to make significant production cuts
- How to use Threads, the new (new (new)) Twitter replacement
- Apple TV+ has a lot more subscribers than you might realize
- Apple passes $3 trillion mark cap … again
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
Kuxiu’s folding three-in-one travel charger is so cool, we’re giving it away again — and this time, the giveaway is going international!
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away one Kuxiu X40, retail price $89.99. It can charge your MagSafe iPhone, your Apple Watch and your AirPods all at once. And then you can fold it up and toss it in your travel bag.
To enter, just visit our giveaway page. We guarantee you’ve got a shot at winning!