This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: The latest iPhone 15 rumors provide a fuller picture of what to expect this year. Sounds like big changes are coming in iOS 17. But a last-minute reversal means a hardware feature we were counting on probably won’t happen.
Also on The CultCast:
- Whatever you do, don’t get “juice jacked” this summer. We offer easy ways to avoid this menace.
- How much would it take to get you to give up your iPhone forever?
- The morons running General Motors ditched CarPlay. Get ready for sales to crash!
- A new edition of What We’re Into dishes up pasta, podcasts and a sci-fi show.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
Our sponsors: Lectric eBikes and Squarespace
Lectric eBikes: With top-tier build quality, a range of up to 42 miles and speeds up to 28 mph, the Lectric XP 3.0 is one of the best values in e-bikes. Check out the XP 3.0 and Lectric’s other great bikes at lectricebikes.com.
Squarespace: Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
The CultCast live stream archive
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- iPhone 15 Pro’s rumored solid-state buttons reportedly shelved
- iOS 17 features revealed in sketchy leak
- 6 ways to avoid ‘juice jacking’ at public iPhone charging stations
- Warren Buffett says Apple users wouldn’t give up their iPhone for $10,000 (KETV Omaha)
- ‘Juice jacking’: The dangers of public USB charging stations (Federal Communications Commission)
- ‘A huge blunder’: GM’s decision to ditch Apple CarPlay, Android Auto sparks backlash (Detroit Free Press)
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away four limited-edition Sunset Moment iPhone cases from Pitaka. Made of woven aramid fiber, these cases pay tribute to Jack Keroauc’s classic novel, On the Road.
To enter, just visit our giveaway page. Note: We’re giving away two for iPhone 14 Pro and two for iPhone 14 Pro Max. Be sure to enter the giveaway that matches your iPhone model.
What We’re Into
Griffin: Cascatelli is a new type of pasta that’s scientifically engineered to maximize “forkability,” “sauceability” and “toothsinkability.” Mangia!
Lewis: Two very different podcasts. The Piketon Massacre recounts the chilling mass killing that shook up a small town in Ohio’s Appalachian foothills in 2016 (and the court cases that followed). The Roth Show unchains legendary Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth, whose awe-inspiring adventures and insights will bounce around your brain like a SuperBall.
Erfon: The third season of The Mandalorian continues to be the Star Wars universe’s best content, but several absurd cameos raise ire with the fandom.