This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: The new Mac mini is a steal. The new MacBook Pros are a spec bump. And the new HomePod is … interesting. We’re such fans of the original, we can’t wait to wrap our ears around Apple’s (possibly) upgraded smart speaker.
Also on The CultCast:
- Should you buy a new MacBook Pro or wait till next year’s M3 chips arrive?
- HomePod mini’s secret sensor is about to go live.
- We know Apple cut some corners to make the new HomePod. The question is, will the new version bring the boom like the OG HomePod?
- And Cult of Mac writer D. Griffin Jones makes his CultCast debut.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
The CultCast live stream archive
This week’s top Apple news
On the show this week: Your host Erfon Elijah (@erfon), Cult of Mac managing editor Lewis Wallace (@lewiswallace) and Cult of Mac writer D. Griffin Jones (@dgriffinj0nes).
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- New MacBook Pro models come supercharged with M2 Pro and Max chips
- How the new M2 Pro and Max MacBook Pros compare to M1 models
- 2024 MacBook Pro will feature even-faster 3nm Apple M3-series processors
- Apple launches powerful new Mac mini at a lower cost
- Apple’s new M2 Pro and M2 Max chips raise the performance bar … again
- Apple resurrects full-size HomePod with hot new features, same old price
- HomePod head-to-head: How Apple’s new smart speaker compares to original
- Secret sensor in your HomePod mini will activate soon
- iOS 16.3 and macOS Ventura 13.2 launches are only a week away
Our sponsors: Squarespace and CultCloth
- Squarespace gives you all the tools you need to set up your very own website and commence selling anything online. Start your free website trial today at squarespace.com/cultcast (no credit card required). Save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain with code cultcast at checkout.
- Get the only cleaning cloth you need: CultCloth!