This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: For once, Apple’s new products leave us scratching our heads more than reaching for our wallets. We let loose our first impressions of this week’s new iPads, the surprisingly affordable Apple TV 4K, that ridiculous Apple Pencil dongle and more.
Also on The CultCast:
- Is the new Magic Keyboard Folio really all that magical? Some features sound great, but we don’t think it will turn your iPad into a laptop — at least not one you can use on your lap!
- Apple might’ve burned a cool million on the #TakeNote Twitter hashflag for the event that never happened.
- Logitech knows how to make a stylus right.
- What’s up with that USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter? Like everyone else in the Apple universe, we’re not diggin’ the dongle.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
Our sponsor: Squarespace
Special thanks to this week’s sponsor, Squarespace. Get all the tools you need to set up your very own website and commence selling anything online. Start your free website trial today at squarespace.com/cultcast (no credit card required). Save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain with code cultcast at checkout.
The CultCast live stream archive
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- 2022 iPad Pro gets speed boost from M2 chip but no new ports
- New entry-level iPad 10 looks more Pro than ever
- New $249 Magic Keyboard Folio goes with iPad 10
- Absurd Apple Pencil dongle sends fans into spiral of grief
- Logitech Crayon offers kid-friendly USB-C active stylus for iPad 10
- New Apple TV 4K is faster and cheaper
- macOS Ventura and iPadOS 16 are coming on October 24
- Apple confirms iOS 16.1 launches October 24
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away four particularly manly Apple Watch bundles. They include a tactical-style Apple Watch band that doesn’t skimp on comfort, the Mifa Nylon Sports Leather Band. And they pair that with an Elkson Quattro Bumper Case that will protect your Apple Watch from whatever mayhem you might get into.
Retail price for these great Apple Watch accessory bundles is $36.99.
To enter, just sign up for the Cult of Mac Today newsletter from our giveaway page. Cult of Mac Today is our free daily newsletter that gives you three to five of the top news stories of the day. You can get additional entries through the giveaway widget by visiting our Facebook and Twitter pages, etc.