Apple introduced iOS 16.0.2 on Thursday. The update takes care of problems that have made headlines, and irritated iPhone users, since the original debuted in early September.
The new version is available to be downloaded and installed now.
iOS 16.0.2 squashes some big bugs
iOS 16 debuted September 12 bringing many new features, including a customizable Lock Screen, Mail and Messages app enhancements,and more.
But it also came with some bugs. Users complained that their iPhone was incessantly requesting permission whenever pasting between applications. There was also a problem with the iPhone 14 Pro camera shaking when using some third-party applications.
Apple’s official release notes for iOS 16.0.2 indicate that it takes care of both problems. And several others:
This update provides bug fixes and important security updates for your iPhone including the following:
- Camera may vibrate and cause blurry photos when shooting with some third-party apps on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Display may appear completely black during device setup
- Copy and paste between apps may cause a permission prompt to appear more than expected
- VoiceOver may be unavailable after rebooting
- Addresses an issue where touch input was unresponsive on some iPhone X, iPhone XR, and iPhone 11 displays after being serviced
How to install the latest iPhone update
iPhone users can install iOS 16.0.2 by connecting the handset to a Mac, or to a PC running iTunes. Alternatively, an over-the-air update is also possible. That’s accomplished by opening the Settings app and going to General > Software Update.