This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: We can’t figure out which is more exciting, the brawny new Apple Watch Ultra or the brainy new Dynamic Island. Will the rugged new smartwatch prove too big for Erfon’s skinny wrists? Or does its bold size and styling elevate it to “big enough” status?
Also on The CultCast:
- iPhone 14 Pro is a no-brainer, thanks to a killer camera and the aforementioned Dynamic Island.
- The “normie” iPhone 14 looks … pretty normal.
- What is up with Apple’s iPhone color palette? Can we please get something a little edgier?!?
Brace yourself for our breathless reactions to Apple’s Far Out event — which was actually pretty far out!
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
Our sponsor: Squarespace
Special thanks to this week’s sponsor, Squarespace. Get all the tools you need to set up your very own website and commence selling anything online. Start your free website trial today at squarespace.com/cultcast (no credit card required). Save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain with code cultcast at checkout.
The CultCast live stream archive
This week’s top Apple news
On the show this week: Your host Erfon Elijah (@erfon) and Cult of Mac managing editor Lewis Wallace (@lewiswallace).
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- Apple Watch Ultra is a big, bulky, beautiful beast
- iPhone 14 Pro’s Dynamic Island looks … shockingly original?
- iPhone 14 Pro models get major camera upgrades and always-on displays
- New AirPods Pro support personalized Spatial Audio and precision finding
- iPhone 14 Plus ushers in big changes
Sweet tweets about Apple Watch Ultra hands-on
Snapped some photos of the Apple Watch Ultra. This thing is HUGE! pic.twitter.com/BGZIRMNlZs
— Mikah Sargent (@mikahsargent) September 7, 2022
Apple Watch Ultra hands-on #AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/avKEOpvRwN
— Francisco Jeronimo (He/Him) (@fjeronimo) September 7, 2022
Hands on with Apple Watch Ultra. I have a feeling this is going to be a huge success. Pushes Apple into a whole new space in watch market. Longer battery life and overall design are very appealing. #AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/SORPPxu9dw
— Ben Wood (@benwood) September 7, 2022
Hands on with the new Apple Watch Ultra… what do you guys think?! pic.twitter.com/Pe4UNFDtZX
— EMKWAN (@emkwan) September 7, 2022