An Apple Watch makes a great fitness tracker, but drenching the expensive gadget covered during an intense workout can be worrisome. An athletic band can help, but not all of them are versatile enough to mop up perspiration and keep your wearable out of harm’s way while you flail away.
That’s where Twelve South’s updated ActionSleeve 2 comes in. Not only does it encase your Apple Watch in reinforced fabric, it’s made to wear other places on your body rather than just your wrist. You can put on the upper arm, for example, or anywhere on your arms.
And it’s a good deal right now in the Cult of Mac Store.
Twelve South ActionSleeve 2 for Apple Watch
Twelve South ActionSleeve 2 is a fabric armband that helps expand the way you work out with Apple Watch. It gives you the option to wear it wherever it’s most comfortable, not just the wrist.
When placed higher on your arm, ActionSleeve 2 still keeps the sensors on Apple Watch in close contact with your body so you can continue closing rings and monitoring your steps.
And ActionSleeve 2 surrounds and protects your Apple Watch from nicks and dings while keeping its digital crown fully accessible.
“An armband for Apple Watch might sound like a silly idea, but for some people, it’s incredibly useful,” said Cult of Mac‘s review of the product. “If you regularly play sports that require large gloves, use straps while weightlifting, or just don’t like wearing something around your wrist while working out, it’s perfect.”
- Offers the flexibility to wear Apple Watch wherever it’s comfortable or better for your activity.
- Keeps sensors in contact with skin to track workouts, heart rate, etc.
- Easily switch between your favorite watch bands and ActionSleeve 2.
- ActionSleeve 2 is designed for Apple Watch Series 4, 5, 6 and SE.
Install ActionSleeve 2 like any Apple Watch band:
- Remove your current Apple Watch band.
- Push the Apple Watch case into the back of ActionSleeve 2.
- Strap ActionSleeve 2 on, tighten and go. Your screen, crown and button remain fully accessible and functional.
With tight and consistent skin contact, all sensors and monitors still works great when you wear ActionSleeve 2.
Note: Twelve South does not ship outside the United States!
Where to buy: Cult of Mac Store