Bacteria is everywhere. Health experts say a lot of it is actually beneficial rather than harmful, but it can still give you the “icks.” If you’re a person who wipes down gadgets a lot because you know your hands and fingers are basically Petri dishes gone wild, Targus rolled out a new active stylus for iPad on Thursday that might suit you.
It’s the new Targus Antimicrobial Active Stylus for iPad, designed to remain 99.9% free of bacterial growth for the life of the product.
Targus Antimicrobial Active Stylus for iPad
Targus said the stylus, a new addition to the company’s antimicrobial tech accessories collection, offers iPad users “a comfortable and precise writing experience.” It features the added protection of an infused antimicrobial treatment called DefenseGuard Antimicrobial Protection. The company said it resists up to 99.9% of bacterial growth for the life of the product.
“Keeping personal tech and workspaces clean is extremely challenging, especially for mobile users who are regularly exposing their devices to bacteria as they carry and use them, whether in the office, classroom, or café,” said David Dorantes, product marketing director for Targus. “Our new Antimicrobial Active Stylus for iPad is an example of Targus’ continued commitment to deliver solutions to the market that address the wellbeing and safety needs of our customers.”
Targus said the stylus — which also goes by the model number AMM174AMGL — features a durable POM tip for “a natural pen-like experience, allowing users to write and draw accurately and comfortably.”
The device requires no drivers or Bluetooth connection to function. You simply touch the stylus to activate it. Leaving it idle for five minutes triggers its power-saving Sleep Mode. Charging the stylus for 90 minutes gets you 10 hours of continuous usage and 90 days of standby time, the company said.
Product features and specifications:
- Infused with DefenseGuard Antimicrobial Protection.
- 1.2 mm fine point POM tip, provides pixel precision with tilt shading.
- Touch-activated — no driver or Bluetooth connection needed.
- Magnetic design makes it easy to store.
- Palm rejection allows you to rest your palm on the screen without causing interference.
- Auto-sleep function after 5 minutes of idle time.
- Long-lasting battery supports 10 hours of continuous working and 90 days standby time.
- USB-C charging cable included.
- One replacement tip/nib included.
- Compatible with iPads launched in 2018 to current models (iOS 12.2 or above).
- Includes limited one-year warranty.
The Targus Antimicrobial Active Stylus for iPad is available at Targus and planned for sale at participating retailers.
Where to buy: Targus