Memory and storage provider OWC rolled out its new Accelsior 8M2 PCIe solid state drive (SSD), calling it the “world’s fastest and highest capacity” storage system of its kind for your 2019 Mac Pro, or any Windows, Linux or PCIe expansion system.
OWC said the Accelsior 8M2 brings the fastest data-transfer speeds for a 2019 Mac Pro — up to 12,000MB per second PCIe Gen 3 speeds. The 8M2 is also PCIe Gen 4-ready, meaning future speeds should reach up to 26,000MB per second, the company said.
The devices carries a massive storage capacity — up to 64TB in up to eight SSDs. It uses the full bandwidth of the latest PCIe technology and has an efficient heat dissipating design, the company said.
“We are always trying to push technology to the limits, and with the OWC Accelsior 8M2, can be summed up in one definitive sentence,” said Larry O’Connor, CEO, and Founder of OWC. “It’s the fastest, highest-capacity PCIe SSD in the galaxy.”
OWC Accelsior 8M2: high-capacity storage for power users
This hardware is clearly aimed at power users working with powerful programs. OWC said the Accelsior 8M2 enables performance gains in various areas:
- Edit and playback multiple high-res video streams.
- Keep page scenery and textures sharp and flowing without interruption in virtual reality environments.
- Experiment with larger formats.
- Ensure augmented reality visualizations look life-like.
- Edit and store massive photo images and graphics files.
- Experience faster previews, renders and processing in VFX programs.
- Store files and work with multiple production libraries and applications.
- Run more iterations in DevOps in less time.
- Quickly offload essential data to cloud archives for more advanced IoT management.
Edge computing, drive management software
As a high-performance NVMe-based storage solution, the OWC Accelsior 8M2 delivers the consistent low latency data throughput required in edge computing applications, such as industrial automation, smart city ecosystems and smart retail solutions, OWC said. The 8M2 feeds CPUs and GPUs huge amounts of data fast enough for real-time predictive analytics.
And to ensure OWC Accelsior 8M2 keeps running at peak speed for the long haul, there’s a quiet cooling fan in the aircraft-grade aluminum heat shield, the company added.
Used with the 8M2, OWC’s SoftRAID XT drive management software lets you create, monitor, and manage RAID arrays. It works with macOS 11 Big Sur, M1 Macs, and Windows 10.
Price: The OWC Accelsior 8M2 SSD is available in capacities ranging from 0TB (add your own drives) starting at $799 and 2TB, 4TB, 8TB, 16TB, 32TB and 64TB models starting at $1,299.
Where to buy: MacSales.com