On Tuesday Speck Products unveiled its latest line of slim, durable, MagSafe-compatible cases for the iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max, as well as some iPad cases.
With the new iPhone 13 series handsets set to ship soon, accessories makers are rolling out new wares. Speck is no exception.
The new collection’s cases feature built-in magnets to work reliably with MagSafe accessories. The cases feature integrated Microban antimicrobial technology, protection from drops of up to 13 feet and a redesign of Speck’s Presidio2 Grip to fit Apple’s latest handsets.
Speck iPhone 13 cases: Presidio2 Grip
Speck’s new Presidio2 Grip has a 20% slimmer profile than previous editions. Its no-slip inverted grip design helps users keep hold of their devices securely.
“When designing for new devices, Speck always aims to honor each device’s features while maintaining the highest level of product protection,” said Bryan Hynecek, EVP, Product & Design at Speck Products. “When redesigning Presidio2 Grip, we were meticulous about preserving its hallmarks while also fully embracing the innovative features of iPhone 13.”
ShieldView Glass screen protectors
Speck also released ShieldView Glass screen protectors for the iPhone 13 line. They include what Speck calls a “Goof Proof installation tray” for easy application. The ShieldView Glass screen protectors, like the iPhone 13 cases, have built-in antimicrobial treatment from Microban. Speck said it reduces stain- and odor-causing bacteria on the surface of the screen protector and case by 99%.
Speck’s full MagSafe case lineup for iPhone and iPad
The full Speck line for new devices, with the company’s descriptions, includes:
For iPhone 13 models:
- Presidio2 Grip & Presidio2 Grip Compatible with MagSafe ($44.95–$54.95). All-new, no-slip grips with Presidio2 Armor Cloud technology along the perimeter for airbag-like protection.
- Presidio2 Pro & Presidio2 Pro Compatible with MagSafe ($44.95–$54.95). A super-protective and pocket-friendly case with a soft-touch finish for a better look, enhanced feel and added scratch resistance.
- Presidio Perfect-Clear & Presidio Perfect-Clear Compatible with MagSafe ($39.95–$49.95). The most clear protective case Speck has ever designed. Innovative new materials allow the case to stay clear longer and provide more protection and durability. Also available in an all-new silver glitter finish.
- Presidio Perfect-Clear with Grips & Presidio Perfect-Clear with Grips Compatible with MagSafe ($44.95–$54.95). No-slip grips provide ultimate durability, and a clear coating resists discoloration over time.
- Presidio Perfect-Clear with Impact Geometry & Presidio Perfect-Clear with Impact Geometry Compatible with MagSafe ($44.95–$54.95). Built with visible impact geometry to protect against drops up to 13 feet – at any angle.
- Presidio Perfect-Mist & Presidio Perfect-Mist Compatible with MagSafe ($44.95–$54.95). New, luxurious soft-touch matte finish with a semi-transparent back available in multiple colors for a more enhanced look and added scratch resistance.
- Presidio Perfect-Clear Ombre & Presidio Perfect-Clear Ombre Compatible with MagSafe ($44.95–$54.95). A slim and fashionable clear case with bold, fade-resistant ombré designs made from new materials that keep your case looking perfectly clear for longer.
- Presidio Edition ($44.95). Features bold and stylish art prints that are embedded onto the case to resist fading and scratching. This case is not available with MagSafe compatibility.
For iPad and iPad mini:
- Balance Folio for iPad mini (2021) and iPad (2019-2021) ($39.95–$44.95). A slim and stylish tablet case with 4-foot drop protection, a durable exterior protects against scratches and dents, while an interior liner protects your screen against scuffs and abrasions.
- Presidio Pro Folio for iPad (2019-2021) ($59.95). Durable case for iPad that’s perfect for travel. The protective cover converts into a convenient typing and viewing stand and includes a magnetic camera shield that covers your lens as well as easily retracts when you need to snap a photo.
- Case-E & Case-E Run for iPad (2019-2021) ($39.95). Playful iPad case with adjustable arms provides hours of hands-free entertainment. Protected against drops up to 6 feet, made from BPA-free EVA and has Microban antimicrobial protection.
Price: iPhone case prices range from $39.95 to $54.95.
Where to buy: SpeckProducts.com and select retailers