This week on The CultCast: We’ve got new details and leaks on the upcoming MacBook Pros, iMacs and Mac Pro mini … or will it be the Mac mini Pro? Plus: Lossless music is coming to Spotify, which means the mythical Apple Music lossless is likely right around the corner!
Our thanks to Squarespace for supporting this episode. Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
The CultCast: Episode No. 481
All-new MacBook Pros, iMacs, Man Pro minis, incoming!
On the show this week
This week’s Apple news
- Apple leaker Jon Prosser shared renders of the upcoming new iMac design this week. Visually, it looks a lot like Apple’s Pro Display XDR, with a hint of iPad Pro. However, the big difference is that this year’s iMac supposedly will come in a range of colors.
- Prosser also shared the first image of what he claims is Apple’s forthcoming “Mac Pro mini” in his latest FrontPageTech video.
- TF International Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo expects new 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros to launch in the second half of this year.
- Some of the first malware targeting both M-series and Intel Macs has affected thousands of computers. At this point, the malicious code — called “Silver Sparrow” — is not dangerous, and Apple may have pulled its teeth. But users of the latest macOS computers still might want to know if their device has it. And the same goes for owners of Intel-based Macs. Cult of Mac’s how-to shows you how to find out if your computer has been hit.
- The company confirmed that it plans to launch a Spotify HiFi service in certain regions in 2021.