Ben Boxer is a busy student always on the go, so naturally he has a MacBook setup. “One thing that is really important with any setup is speed and portability,” he said, “that is why everything here is driven off of a laptop.”
All of his gear is connected to a CalDigit TS3 Thunderbolt 3 Dock and it only takes one cord to plug it into his MacBook. He says he has 25 TB of storage connected to it.
His MacBook is plugged into an eye-catching LG 34-inch UltraWide monitor, that rests on a VESA desk mount.
His MacBook is perched on a Bestand Laptop Cooling Stand. The laptop and monitor stands save him desk space and allows him to stows things underneath the laptop stand, including the Thunderbolt 3 Dock.
For peripherals, Boxer has an Apple Magic Keyboard and Trackpad. A Bestand Trackpad Case allows him to attach his Trackpad to his Keyboard into one solid unit. He also has the Logitech MX Master 3 mouse for work that requires fine control.
For audio, Boxer has a Cyber Acoustics CA-3908 2.1 Stereo Speaker System and a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones. He has a handy Under-Desk Headphone Stand Mount by Elevation Lab to conveniently store his headphones. A Microamp by Behringer lets him split audio sources coming from different outputs.
Boxer goes full Inspector Gadget by having a UGreen SD Card Reader and a Sabrent 4-Port USB Hub attached to the side of desk. The Phillips Hue Ambiance Starter Kit illuminates this tech bonanza.
Shop these items now:
- 2016 MacBook Pro ($2,179)
- LG 34-inch UltraWide Monitor ($1,537)
- VESA Single Monitor Desk Mount ($28)
- Bestand Aluminum Cooling Laptop Stand ($50)
- CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock ($240)
- Apple Magic Keyboard ($94)
- Apple Magic Trackpad 2 ($124)
- Bestand Stand for Magic Trackpad 2 ($30)
- Logitech MX Master 3 ($100)
- Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub ($10)
- UGreen SD Card Reader ($11)
- Behringer Microamp HA400 4-Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier ($75)
- Cyber Acoustics CA-3908 2.1 Stereo Speaker System ($90)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones ($129)
- The Anchor Under-Desk Headphone Stand Mount by Elevation Lab ($12)
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock ($49)
- Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit ($303)
Via: Ben Boxer
If you would like to see your setup featured on Cult of Mac, send some high-res pictures to [email protected]. Please provide a detailed list of your equipment. Tell us what you like or dislike about your setup, and fill us in on any special touches or challenges.
As featured on Cult of Mac: