This week on The CultCast: The next generation of AirPods might be incoming! We’ll tell you what we know. Plus, Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro are likely coming to iPad, along with Mini LED and Touch ID … under the screen. This could be the new Touch ID tech we’ve been waiting for. And stay tuned to hear how to listen to YouTube music in the background, without paying for YouTube Red. It’s a hot tip, and it’s coming your way.
Our thanks to Netgear for supporting this episode. The Orbi WiFi 6 router gives you ultra-fast speeds and wider coverage throughout your home – it’s the biggest revolution in Wi-Fi ever. Check it out today at Netgear.com/bestwifi.
The CultCast: Episode No. 437
Here come next-gen AirPods
This week’s Apple news
- The first iPhone with 5G reportedly won’t debut alongside the other new iOS handsets early this autumn. Trusted analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicts Apple will begin producing a pair of 4G handsets in September, but won’t start making the 5G model until October.
- The new iPad Air will boast a Mini LED display and display-based Touch ID instead of Face ID, an Apple leaker claims.
- macOS and iOS software developers will soon be able to code on an iPad or even iPhone, if an unconfirmed report is correct. iPadOS 14 and the iPhone equivalent will reportedly include support for Xcode, Apple’s software development environment.
- New AirPods, which Apple reportedly planned to unveil at its canceled-before-it-was-announced March event, are ready to go, claims regular Apple leaker Jon Prosser.
- Can you make YouTube play just the audio, even when you’re not showing the video? You can, and it’s really, really simple.