A set of origami-style lights illuminate the cozy setup of Instagram user @mrisad, an integration delivery manager. The Nanoleaf lights floating above his dual monitors evoke the control panels from some ’70s sci-fi show. And they’re integrated with HomeKit, Apple’s home-automation platform.
The heart of his rig is a beautiful pair of screens. The large main screen is a $1,000 curved, 38-inch screen from LG. The second screen is a 28-inch Asus gaming monitor. He hooked them both up to a Mac mini, and elegantly suspended them in midair by an inexpensive ($40) but fully articulated desktop stand.
To round out his setup, @mrisad has a Magic Keyboard and Trackpad from Apple, and a trio of chargers for his iPhone, iPad and AirPods. As for audio, he has a HomePod and a pair of Sennheiser noise-canceling headphones.
This post contains affiliate links. Cult of Mac may earn a commission when you use our links to buy items.
Shop these items now:
- Asus MG28UQ 4K/UHD 28-Inch FreeSync gaming monitor ($519.99)
- LG 38UC99-W 38-inch curved monitor ($1,096.99)
- HomePod ($299)
- Vivo Dual LCD Monitor Desk Mount Stand – Fits monitors up to 27 inches ($39.95)
- Sennheiser PXC 550 wireless noise-canceling headphones ($249.95)
- Nanoleaf Aurora Light Panels Smarter Kit – 9 pack ($169.14)
- Beacoo iWatch Charging Stand ($23.99)
- Anker Wireless iPhone Charging Stand ($23.99)
If you would like to see your setup featured on Cult of Mac, send some high-res pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a detailed list of your equipment. Tell us what you like or dislike about your setup, and fill us in on any special touches or challenges.