iOS 11 finally has its first jailbreak with Cydia support. If you’re yet to use our guide to installing Electra 1.0.1, which supports all of Apple’s latest devices, you need to check out this list of Cydia apps and tweaks compatible with iOS 11 to find out if it’s still worth it.
You might not think it a day after the release of Electra, but jailbreaking is dying out. BigBoss is the only major repository left in Cydia, and many of the most popular tweaks are no longer supported by their creators. That means they’re unlikely to work properly under iOS 11.
But don’t be too disappointed. There’s still a long list of awesome downloads that do play nicely with iOS 11 to iOS 11.1.2. Here’s how to find out which ones are worth your time.
Cydia apps and tweaks compatible with iOS 11
To help you avoid incompatible downloads and save you some time, a Reddit user has compiled a list of all the Cydia apps and tweaks on offer. They’ve also highlighted which ones work with iOS 11 and which ones don’t, and listed any known issues.
The list is available to everyone through Google Sheets, and it’s easily searchable so you can quickly find the download you’re after. It’s also being updated all the time, so when tweak developers roll out fixes, you’ll know about it without having to find them individually in Cydia.
All of the most popular jailbreak tweaks are in the list. Here are some of the best ones compatible with iOS 11:
- WhatsApp++: Adds a whole bunch of new features to WhatsApp, including Touch ID security. Lets you disable read receipts, hide your online status, customize themes, and more.
- BatteryPercentX: Brings back the battery percentage indicator on iPhone X.
- Dark Messages: A dark theme for the built-in Messages app.
- EasySwitcher X: Brings back the ability to quickly swipe away apps in the app switcher on iPhone X (without having to press and hold first).
- FastUnlockX: Lets you unlock iPhone X just by looking at it — no need to swipe up.
- GBA4iOS: The excellent Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance emultor.
- HapticKeyboard: Uses the Taptic Engine to give you haptic feedback when you type.
- HideLabels 10: Lets you hide app names on the home screen.
- Notchless: Brings the user interface beneath the notch on iPhone X so that it doesn’t get in the way of your content.
- Snapchat++: Adds a bunch of new features to Snapchat. Lets you spoof your location, disable “… is typing” notifications, automatically save photos to your camera roll, and more.
- WeatherLock: Adds animated weather backgrounds to your lock screen.
- YouTube Tools: Adds new features to YouTube. Lets you play content in the background.
- Zeppelin: Lets you replace your carrier name with a custom logo.
There are many more tweaks you can enjoy in iOS 11 — check out the spreadsheet above to view all of them. And be sure to save it to your favorites so that you can keep track of which tweaks are updating for iOS 11 going forward.