When it comes to porn, Android users come out on top

By

when-it-comes-to-porn-android-users-come-out-on-top-image-cultofandroidcomwp-contentuploads201504Android-porn-jpg
We won again, Android bros! Photo: Cult of Android
We won again, Android bros! Photo: Cult of Android

Android users are into some pretty weird… stuff. I know you’re probably denying that now — I tried, too — but you can’t, because Pornhub has its eye on us all. Sort of.

According to the website’s latest browsing statistics, the list of things Android users are into makes for a much more intriguing reading that that for iOS users. Mobile devices are also crushing the desktop when it comes to overall traffic, and Android has the edge.

Yay?

In September 2010, 88 percent of all Pornhub browsing was done on a desktop computer. At night, with the curtains closed. Probably. Hopefully. But five years on, just 37 percent of traffic comes from desktops and “other” mobile platforms, while the other 63 percent comes from Android and iOS.

Android users account for 32 percent of that traffic, while iOS users account for 31 percent. That’s hardly surprising given that there are many more Android devices out in the wild. When it comes to tablet stats, however, the things are a little different.

Pornhub's mobile traffic stats. Photo: Pornhub
Pornhub’s mobile traffic stats. Photo: Pornhub

The iPad continues to dominate Pornhub’s tablet traffic, accounting for 68 percent, while Android-powered slates account for just 30 percent. However, Android users spend more than ten minutes on average enjoying themselves, while iOS users spend less than nine minutes.

Things get really interesting when we look at taste.

The most popular category for Android viewers is BBW, or “big, beautiful women,” while the most popular among iOS visitors is MILF (I’m not explaining that one). Android users also come up with some pretty interesting search terms.

I’m not going to list those here for obvious reasons, but you can see them all on the Pornhub blog. All I will say is this: Which one of you is browsing Pornhub for cartoons? Cartoons?!