iPhone 6c may be with you in time for Thanksgiving


An iPhone 6c concept.
iPhone 6c is coming in November. Maybe.
Photo: iPhonesoft

Apple could release its 4-inch iPhone 6c in November, according to a new rumor coming out of the supply chain in China.

The report claims that the handset is being assembled by regular Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn, which has started “mass-increasing” its workforce to deal with the task of building not one, not two, but three different iPhone models.

In addition to the iPhone 6c, Foxconn is said to be handling 100 percent of the iPhone 6s Plus orders, and 60 percent of the iPhone 6s orders — with the other 40 percent being handled by Pegatron.

If the iPhone 6c really does arrive in November, it makes sense of a previous report suggesting that Apple has already started doing final testing on the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, but not the 6c.

The existence of the iPhone 6c has been one of the year’s most on-again, off-again rumors. We first heard about it back in December, only for all signs of it to later apparently disappear from Apple’s supply chain partners, leading us to believe it had only made it as far as prototype level before being scrapped.

More recently there have been mixed reports, with some claiming that Apple will introduce all three new iPhones at the same time in September, and others saying that the iPhone 6c has been pushed back to 2016.

We guess November is a good compromise.

Via: GforGames


Daily round-ups or a weekly refresher, straight from Cult of Mac to your inbox.

  • The Weekender

    The week's best Apple news, reviews and how-tos from Cult of Mac, every Saturday morning. Our readers say: "Thank you guys for always posting cool stuff" -- Vaughn Nevins. "Very informative" -- Kenly Xavier.