iOS 6.1 has only been available to the public for a couple of days, but Apple’s wasting no time getting some new bug fixes tested. Apple just seeded iOS 6.1.1 to developers. The update can be downloaded from Apple’s iOS Dev Center.
Right now it doesn’t look like there are many surprises in the iOS 6.1.1 beta for U.S. users as it mostly contains some improvements to Maps for Japan.
Here’s the notes on what’s changed:
- Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
- Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
- Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
- Updated freeway color to green
- Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices
- Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower
We’ll keep you posted if we find anything interesting.