Following reports of a riot between 4,000 employees earlier this month, Foxconn has acknowledged that two disputes between workers did take place at one of its Chinese plants. However, the company has denied claims of a strike over iPhone 5 production pressures, and says that production is on schedule.
In a statement to Reuters, Foxconn said:
Any reports that there has been an employee strike are inaccurate. There has been no workplace stoppage in that facility or any other Foxconn facility and production has continued on schedule.
Foxconn says it “immediately addressed” the issues that took place on October 1 and October 2, and it insists that “measures [were] taken, including providing additional staff for the lines in question.” It also said that the workers who worked over China’s National Day break did so voluntarily, and were paid three times their usual hourly rate.
The company also maintains that production remains on schedule at an important time for Apple, while the iPhone 5 is still in high demand, and a rumored iPad mini is on the way.