new iPhone 5 is almost among us, dear friends, and on this episode of the CultCast, we’ll tell you everything we know about it, ponder what Apple will actually be naming it, and tell you how to hang on to that unlimited data plan your carrier wants to move you out of.
Plus, looks like there’s a new HD tablet in town, and this one is looking pretty fern good, partner. We’ll tell you why Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD is one tablet that could actually give the iPad a run for its money.
Hit the subscribe button and let’s get this party rollin’!
Show notes ahead!
Ask Us Questions Or Suggest Show Topics On Our New Facebook Page.
Leave us your comments, topics, or suggestions — we always try to include them in the show. Facebook.com/TheCultCast.
DigiDNA, makers of DiskAid 5, the iPhone, iPad, and iPod transfer tool for Mac and PC.
Try DiskAid 5 for free at http://DigiDNA.net, and save 30% on a license at checkout with code THECULTCAST at checkout.
CultCast #30 – ERMAHGERD IPHERN FERRRVE
On The CultCast this week
- Alex Heath – Cult of Mac writer
- Leander Kahney – Cult of Mac Editor-in-Chief
- Erfon Elijah – Cult of Mac writer and host of The CultCast
Our stories this week
- Amazon Wants To Kill The iPad With $299 Kindle Fire HD And $499 Kindle Fire HD With LTE
- For The First Time Ever, The iPhone 4S Got Outsold By Samsung Last Month
- Apple Announces September 12th iPhone 5 Event: “It’s Almost Here”
- Why Apple Is Calling The Next iPhone The iPhone 5 [Opinion]
- First Video Of A Working iPhone 5 Leaked, Boots Up In iOS 6
- Best US carrier for LTE and how to keep your unlimited data plan (no link)
- Faves ‘N Raves! The game where we pitch our favorite tech and apps then vote on which one’s best (no link)