We may only have to wait until August to get our first official glimpse of the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, according to a new research note by well-connected Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
Don’t get too excited though — even though Kuo thinks the iPhone will be unveiled a month earlier than usual, he says it will be released in its usual September slot.
The respected KGI Securities analyst also sheds light on who is set to build the new iPhones, a few of the devices’ key features, and some details about the forthcoming 12.9-inch iPad. Check them out below.
As per Kuo, Foxconn is expected to receive 60 percent to 70 percent of the new iPhone orders. The 4.7-inch iPhone 6s will reportedly account for two-thirds of orders, while the remaining third will be for the larger 5.5-inch iPhone 6s Plus.
He also claims the 12.9-inch iPad Pro will be made exclusively by Foxconn. Despite falling iPad sales over the past few quarters, this could still mean big things if the long-rumored device turns around Apple’s flagging tablet business.
Finally, Kuo repeats the claim that the new iPhones will boast MacBook/Apple Watch-style Force Touch technology, which he says will add a significant element to the way users interact with their iPhones “due to more input methods and support of handwritten signatures, which is beneficial for expanding the commercial market.”
Last week, a report released by KGI Securities outlined other expected iPhone 6s innovations. In addition to Force Touch, the next iPhone is expected to include 2GB of RAM, an improved 12MP camera, a strengthened shell and improved Touch ID sensors.
Personally, I’m excited as anything for the new iPhone 6s. Even though year after year of hearing about possible early iPhone unveilings means I’ll believe that particular rumor when I see it!
Source: China Post
Via: GforGames
4 responses to “Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 6s a month early”
Whatever for would Apple want to announce it a month earlier but keep the usual release date? Osborne effect, anyone?
Think Apple should shift the iPhone release to occur at the end of summer prior to when school starts. That way students can upgrade and start the year off with a brand new phone, which is good PR for the Apple. Also many parents usually get phones for younger children prior to them starting school when they come of age to be latch key kids. This is the situation I’m in this year. Of course my son will end up with a hand me down iPhone and I’ll get the new one.
Bring in USB Type C and I am in. I am planning on getting an Macbook Pro 13” when it releases next (hopefully with the skylark processors), I guess I can add this to the cart too.
I think if they go earlier, then we’re talking about a media event on Sept 1 or Sept 8. It would be surprising to me if they did anything in August.